SpaceVR has confirmed it will send the world’s first virtual reality satellite into space. SpaceVR provides virtual space tourism.
How is this possible? SpaceVR has partnered with NanoRacks – an organisation that provides pathway solutions for the International Space Station. During a mission early next year, NanoRacks will deploy Overview 1, SpaceVR’s twin-camera cube satellite, into Low Earth Orbit.
- SpaceVR started as a Kickstarter in 2015 but fell short of the $500,000 goal
- The company tried a second campaign and received $100,000
- Later this year, SpaceVR announced $1.25 million in investment
- The company then invested into two separate cameras that will orbit the Earth, giving everyone the opportunity to experience the Universe through virtual reality.
Overview One Specs
- 4K sensors to capture extremely high resolution
- Fully immersive, 360-degree video
- Wide field of view lenses to capture an immersive sphere of video
SpaceVR content will be available early 2017 on mobile, Cardboard, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive so that you can view the Universe in VR and feel what its like to be an astronaut. To infinity, and beyond!