Keep the flying Doctors Flying
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Marketing & Sales | Activations | VR Application | 360º Media
- To raise awareness of vital RFDS community services
- To generate revenue to continue their amazing work
- Engage potential donees with a 360° experience
- Create a ‘first hand’ experience for education and conferences
- ‘Keep the Flying Doctors Flying’ was activated in October 2016
- Launched publicly on The Flying Doctors YouTube
- The experience puts users into the world of the RFDS
- Viewers see RDFS clinic runs and emergencies.
- Produced an 4 minute immersive VR experience.
- The Start VR team worked closely with the RFDS
- The experience was shot documentary-style with real-life RFDS members
- Recounted from the perspective of survivor Karen
- Filmed on location over 2 days in Cairns
The activation was incredible. We were inundated for three hours at the conference opening with people wanting to watch the VR and the feedback has been really really good. All of the Federation Staff have seen the experience and are very excited. Feedback from the CEO was that it is superb!
Many of those who watched the VR (who are remote emergency nurses) actually cried and said they were emotionally touched by the story and by the film. Many people enthusiastically state that it is incredible, far more than they had ever experienced, and that they felt completely “there”.Lana Mitchell