A VR Producer is typically a producer who has a background in either digital or broadcast production but will, and can, be called upon to produce a variety of projects for the agency that may not fit in their specialty. Therefore, VR Producers need to be great critical thinkers, who have shown they can manage the unknown.
You will provide exceptional insight into the status of projects at all times, will deliver advanced warnings to potential delivery issues and ensure the optimal efficiency of all production aspects, whilst keeping the team laser focused, motivated and stakeholders well informed.
From a client perspective, the VR Producer (PM) initiates, maintains and manages the client’s projects at the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency efforts on assigned accounts. In this role, the Producer insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible project management and planning.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- A consistently superior creative product.
The role is client facing and has scope for career development and enhancing skills across a range of disciplines.
- Can-do attitude and an appetite for creative problem solving
- Strong knowledge of VR processes and practices.
- Knowledge of broadcast production and post production.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Producer / Production Co-ordinator in a creative agency or production environment (digital, production, broadcast, post)
- Well versed in executing complex projects across multiple platforms
- Client-facing experience
- Great project management abilities in a leadership role
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience working with clients to develop and negotiate project scopes and budgets
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The VR Producer has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analysing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with the Exec Team on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: all assigned creative projects, internal agency projects and assigned new business projects.
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing scope of works and technical specifications, works with development team in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluate best team makeup for assigned projects.
- Monitors out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership within the agency and monitors work scope against all variables.
- Monitors all budget and production activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
- Act as the team leader on all assigned projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to Exec level as required
- Educating clients and managing their needs and expectations.
- Keeping project status reports up to date
- Monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
- Drive projects to final stages of completion by keeping the team both on track and highly motivated.
Project & Product Management
- Manage assigned projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status – liaising with development teams, designers and post production staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance – testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Initiates and leads all appropriate project meetings.
Financial & Administrative
- Monitor all internal and external costs for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains all project backup, status reports, PO’s, estimates, schedules, change orders, technical and production specs, preproduction books and any other associated backup.
- Manage vendors and talent on assigned projects – monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Manage the production of new business presentations and materials as assigned
- Manage agency internal projects and assist in preparing materials for creative presentations and meetings
- Works with accounts / executive to insure proper billing and invoicing.
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Ability and willingness to help out with general office duties as shared among the team (eg answering office phone, greeting guests, helping with shopping and groceries).
To apply for this role, please send your resume, links to your work and a covering letter explaining why you are clearly the right person for the job to [email protected].