SENIOR VR DEVELOPER
Start VR is a hyper-creative, inventive, daring and in-demand startup Sydney VR company, and we’re on a quest for a super talented Software Developer with experience in & passion for immersive VR. If you are passionate about creating engaging & immersive user experiences, excited to solve tough problems, are candid, collaborative, and a quality communicator, a good balance of analytical, problem solving and creative ideas, we want you to join us to help bring our VR worlds to life!
- Writing clean, well-documented, testable code following established programming principles and meticulous attention to detail and high quality of work
- Development across a range VR projects as well as development of new features from concept to deployment in a CI environment
- Development of VR experiences targeting a range of popular VR systems on mobile and desktop
- R&D and rapid prototyping around new concepts and emerging technologies
- Working with a range assets, such as mono / stereo 360 stills and video, photogrammetry, volumetrics, motion capture data, 3D art, animations, particle effects, etc.
- Development of internal system with respect to Tool chains, workflow and automation as well as asset pipeline development.
- Working as a senior member of the dev team, sharing, mentoring and helping other dev team members with your knowledge.
- 2+ years’ experience in VR
- 4+ years’ experience in application development
- High standard of Unity IDE, Unreal IDE, C#, C++, Java, Objective C, Swift and Shaders
- Solid grasp of OOP methodologies and design patterns
- Knowledge of mobile and desktop app development & deployment on iOS, Android, Web, Windows, Mac
- Ability to do rapid prototyping, asset pipeline development / automation, proof of concept work and MVPs as well as complete app publishing.
- Ability to write native OS plugins / components and recompile open source tools
- Have a working knowledge of popular HMD systems (ie Oculus Gear VR / Go, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Google Carboard, Google Daydream)
- Have a good understanding of UI development and UX concepts
- Have excellent communication and team skills and experience working and collaborating with other developers.
- Have a good understanding of version control and bug tracking and the relevant tools (such as Git, Jira, etc)
- Agile development methodologies Scrum, Lean, Kanban, TDD
- Knowledge of Django, Python, LAMP stacks, Web development, Social APIs, Analytics.
- Modelling, rigging, animation, texturing, lighting knowledge a plus
- AR experience, such as object recognition, acquisition, tracking, rendering on existing AR platforms like Vuforia, Wikitude, Metaio.
To apply for this role, please send your resume, links to your work and a covering letter explaining why you are clearly the right person for the job to [email protected].